Software Engineer, Stripe
- Working on Stripe's infrastructure and systems
Software Engineer, Twitter
Jan 2012–Aug 2014
- Built Observability infrastructure for metric collection, storage, and service monitoring. This stack collected and stored hundreds of millions of metrics per minute, while processing hundreds of thousands of queries per minute.
- Prototyped and built WAN infrastructure for user-specified service health monitoring across geographically disparate sites.
- Contributor and commiter on Zipkin, an open source Dapper-style distributed tracing system
Software Engineering Intern, Facebook
May 2011–Aug 2011
- Developed new features and improvements for Apache Hive
- HIVE-306 Support INSERT [INTO] destination
- HIVE-2035 Use block-level merge for RCFile if merging intermediate results needed
- HIVE-2296 bad compressed file names from insert into
- HIVE-2343 stats not updated for non "load table desc" operations
- HIVE-2360 create dynamic partition if and only if intermediate source has files
- HIVE-2272 add TIMESTAMP data type
Engineering Intern, Tubemogul
Jun 2010–Sept 2010
- Developed key features, metrics, and analytics for real-time bidding system on video ad networks
Globalization & Localization Intern, Plaxo
Jun 2009–Aug 2009
- Developed an in-line translation feature to crowd-source the translation of Plaxo.com, augmenting the existing front-end and back-end architecture
- Performed localization tasks for weekly code releases
- Programming Languages: Scala, Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++
- Hadoop: Scalding, Hive, Pig
- JVM: Finagle, Zipkin
- "How Twitter monitors millions of time-series"
- "Observability at Twitter"
- "Distributed Systems Tracing with Zipkin"
- Zipkin talk at Twitter Runtime Systems Summit